My 6 month update

Okay, so we've officially been here for 6 months now, and I've decided to do an update.

- Still LOVE the weather. Despite it being the humid and the rainy season right now, it's still so nice to never wear jeans, never need a scarf, and never even need a blanket to sleep with. However, it has been quite gloomy and cloudy lately, but still nothing compared to the SF "summer" of fog in the Richmond District. Can't wait for the sun to come back out!

- I have a job! The pay is crap compared to the US, but enough for us to live on here in Vallarta, about $20 a day, which is much better than the $4/day minimum wage here in the state of Jalisco. Edgar and I work together, and actually sit right next to each other every day... b/c we just dont see each other enough at home ;)

- I am also doing some volunteer work. I'm volunteering with the seas turtles, and volunteering with an English after school program for elementary kids. More info about that here and here.

- Omg, the food! I love the cheap eats around here. Reminds me of my obsession with the Woodland taco truck back in college, but here I'm even more spoiled with an abundance of tacos on practically every street corner! However, Rocko's did raise their prices, and I'm very upset about that. Hmph.

- Although I love the cuteness of the cobblestone roads, those, partnered with the loads of potholes this rainy season, have accelerated our need for new shocks on the car. Better start saving!

- and lastly, the abundance of animals here. I've seen sea turtles, dolphins, iguanas, crabs (in my house), and unfortunately, even cockroaches! Yuck! I had no idea they could fly!!!! Makes me miss the occassional spider in SF.

Hmmm...that's all I can think of right now, so there's my update. I miss my family and friends tons! but am definitely enjoying Vallarta as much as possible for the short time I am here :) Six more months, and we're back to the real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment